Monday, October 20, 2008

What is a mom to do???

I have not blogged in a long while. You may ask "why?" or you may say "thank goodness!"....who knows. I will only say that life has been rather hectic and to be perfectly honest, I haven't had the emotional energy to even attempt being witty or humorous.

I have been trying to do all of my regular mommy duties while at the same time saving the world. Well, not exactly but it feels like it! I have been attempting to save the jobs of our beloved teachers in DISD. As most of you have heard by now, DISD has found themselves about $84 million in the hole and their idea of how to plug the dam is to fire teachers. As you can imagine, this has impacted thousands of school children. That pisses me off! I have attended DISD Board meetings, written letters, marched in a protest rally and more. Not that it has made one hill of beans in the long run but it is easier for me to be proactive than idle.

So for your laugh factor I am putting up the most ridiculous picture of myself that I can find. Since it is nearly Halloween, this one seems appropriate for the season.....



I didn't say it was pretty....just goofy...like me!

2 comments:

jill jill bo bill said...

That hat is a hoot.
That hat needs a suit.
The hoot hat for a cat.
What do you think about that?

h2ofossil said...

A hoot suit
for a hoot hat
for a hoot cat
now hoot that!