Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Makes me giggle!


This picture of Ben makes me giggle! I long for the days of being with this sweet little boy. I want to speak with the gremlins that stole this cute little baby and left behind the body of a 5 year old grumpster!

I don't care if he is in the process of establishing his independence....I want my sweet potato back! There is a reward in it for the person who can help me locate the kid that made me giggle!

I tried to savor every moment with him as a baby and then as a toddler. I knew those days were precious! How was I to know that the "frustrating five's" would be even more challenging than the "terrible two's"?

Someone tell me that it will get better! I must know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel......someone please.....please tell me this will pass and we will find the "giggle factor again"????????

Okay, fine! I will just have to spend the next 15 years rummaging through the "my pictures" section of my computer dreaming of resurrecting that sweetness like some lonely old lady looking to find the joys of the past! In the meantime, I have a gremlin to remind me that I actually live in the present and presently I am getting more grey hair! Thanks karma! What did I ever do to you?

4 comments:

jill jill bo bill said...

That is THE cutest picture EVER!!! Just to let you know, my boys were much much harder to handle before they turned 13, then they were a joy their teenage years. The girls...just the opposite. It will get better I promise.

Julie said...

I agree! Five was far worse than two. My kids acted like they were ready to move out and pay bills. But wait! It gets worse. Eleven is sooo much fun. It's like five on testosterone. Then they turn thirteen and magically morph into polite young men that will amaze and astonish you.

h2ofossil said...

Thanks ladies! I really needed the words of encouragement!

Kajiai said...

Oh, I don't know. On the one hand, I think the world of my 14 year old, but he had his mom have been butting heads since he was about 5. To the outside world he is the model child, but he lets off steam here at home.

Like you, we also miss his baby and toddler days, but it really is a joy to be able to have this other person here who sees the world in his own way and who is able to talk with you and tell you all about it.

That said, he is definitely entering a much moodier teen-age period. I wish us all strength and patience.