Saturday, August 9, 2008

Kindergarten to College




Our lives are seldom dull. We have a 5 year old son (Benito Torpedo) and a 20 year old daughter (Sarah Bearah). Yes, we have one child going into Kindergarten and one child going to College! As I told you, we are kinda nuts! It is so strange to be dealing with the issues that go along with each simultaneously....very surreal!

In many ways, it is like having two "only children" at the same time. At times, I think they are both in similar developmental spaces.....Establishing who they are, testing boundaries, exerting independence.

Sarah lives on her own now and Ben misses his "Sissy" a lot. Seeing his sister "all grown up" has been a little tough. Ben thinks the world of his sister but even with the age difference, there is no way to avoid the "sibling rivalry".....it is just the nature of brothers and sisters!

5 comments:

jill jill bo bill said...

Did you get my award?

h2ofossil said...

I sure did and THANKS!!! I just couldn't figure out what to do (even with your fine instructions) to nominate 5 others.....I will have to try again later....I don't think I had had enough coffee....

However, it is the first award I have gotten in a very, very long time and I am still all choked up! Can you say - Heimlich!

Julie said...

Georgeous kids! Thanks for loving my blog! I am likeing the fact that you are writing mini biographies of the family. Your kids will love to have all of this info when they get older. So you say your mother board has a terminal illness? Have you backed- up all of your inportant info? My advice to you is to take that computer into the backyard, give that little boy a sledge hammer, and let him go to town. However, my husband has a slightly different opinion. He doesn't know anyone in your neck of the woods. When his computer crashed, he just carried the whole thing into work becasue he works for a company that recycles computers amoung other things. If I remember correctly, the biggest problem was not loss of data, it was the pain of having to re-load all his software. He also mentioned something about drivers. I thought drivers were for limosines and golf, so I really have no idea what he was talking about. You might try Geek Squad. If you get desperate let me know, and I'll bug the husband. Have a great weekend.

amelia bedelia said...

Sounds like me....a 20 yr old and a 9 yr old. I love it that way!!

Julie said...

I put you on my blogroll! Have a great day.